Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hubbub on Pink Slime? Go Organic and Save!

by Katy Green
www.shoptobegreen.com


The Daily
Jaime Oliver Pink Slime Demonstration
 What is the hullabaloo on the pink slime?

Every time I see an article on pink slime I am fearful of reading further...aggh.

Well, I forced myself to do the proper research so that no one else has to suffer. Of course, this means I have to dig deep and wade through tons of books...no I'm kidding. Either way, I pulled statements from multiple sources on pink slime to find out the truth.

The definition of "Pink Slime" is ammonia-treated beef trimmings lovingly known as "pink slime" which McDonald's has claimed to stop using in their burgers. according to the Consumerist.com and if you want to know how the pink slime is really made click on the link above for more ...if you recently ate... I suggest you wait.

According to ABC news investigation via Diane Sawyer (like her interviewing style) 70 percent of the ground beef we buy at the supermarket contains something he calls “pink slime.” - the "he" is Gerald Zirnstein former United States Department of Agriculture scientist) ...he is not blowing the whistle because he left the USDAit seems it's because he has a 2 year old son and he does not want his son eating the slime he goes to school according to the The Daily.

Well, I don't know if there will be a quick remedy to yet another tainted meat story... but one thing I can stress is eating lots of organic fruits and vegetables and purchasing locally is more critical than ever before because it seems corporations are willing to cut any corner to sell beef unsafe beef.

Bad Meat
Worse yet, this is not fair to anyone - especially families that can't afford healthier alternatives because of the expense which leads me to Shotobegreen Cheap Ways to Buy Organic Food:

FOOD COOP
CDI COOP

Stay tuned for Part 2 of how to eat healthy and save on green organic produce for you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. We appreciate your feedback.