Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Living off the Grid is more than changing a light bulb.

by Katy Green



Sometimes I think maybe I could live off the grid and be my own source of energy, edible produce and water! Then I wake up from my green daydream and realize that my earth friendly endeavor will require a major change. 

Living off the grid may be too much change for me but I'm proud that I follow a energy conservation plan similar to my article on Quick Energy SavingsTips and the no Paper Cups Policy and I send out green friendly invites for events


Should You Live off the Grid?
Living off the grid will benefit you in numerous ways beyond the cash savings and the earth friendly commitment.  The way you view things and the way you live daily will change for the better but it requires a life changing commitment that you may or may not be ready to tackle.  


Eco Village Tribe

I encourage you to check out these links if you are thinking about living off the grid or if you're curious about what living off the grid really means.

Pioneer Sustainable Energy Homes
  • http://www.off-grid.net/ - Off-Grid reports on the people, technologies, events and influences throughout the global off-grid community. The Landbuddy section helps you find others to go off-grid with and the free classifieds are full of ads for off the grid real estate.
  • http://www.livingoffgrid.org/ - Livingoffgrid.org provides information on how to live off of the power grid. This site is for off the grid newbies and veterans and it does not matter if you own a house or an RV or a homestead.
  • http://www.offthegridnews.com/ - Off The Grid News' is a fiercely independent, weekly email newsletter and website that is crammed full of practical information on living and surviving today and in future times when life may not be as easy.

300 Sq. Ft House

Remember you are making a commitment to building a cleaner and greener earth for your family and loved ones in the future no matter how you choose to live.

 Shoptobegreen thanks our readers for supporting us.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. We appreciate your feedback.